Benefits of Team Participation
The following are just some of the benefits large corporations, small companies, civic organizations and schools receive from organizing a team to participate in JDRF's national Walk to Cure Diabetes Program.
• Team building promotes teamwork. Whether you have 5 or 5,000 employees, participation in the Walk to Cure Diabetes is a great way to build team spirit and a sense of camaraderie among employees.
• Team participation in the Walk to Cure Diabetes increases your visibility in the community. It sends a strong signal that you and your employees care about the health and welfare of your neighbors. In short, it's good public and community relations!
• Team building is a great way to build employee morale. It demonstrates that your company wants to play an important role in supporting worthy, charitable causes. Employees are proud to work for these types of companies.
• Team participation identifies rising leaders in your company who are willing to successfully work on this project from beginning to end. This experience will enhance their leadership skills and professional development.
• Team building often times enables a company to generate a far larger amount of money for diabetes research than would otherwise be possible through a corporate donation.
• Team participation in the Walk to Cure Diabetes is fun for your employees and their families and friends. The Walk draws people together in a healthy activity for a worthy cause. It's an event that you and all your team members will feel good about being part of.
• Of course, the best reason for your team to participate in the Walk to Cure Diabetes is the satisfaction you and your teammates will have from knowing that the dollars you raise will help find a cure for diabetes in the near future.